Sunday, May 9, 2010

Collaborations

Family is such a great thing. The big debate of nature vs. nurture when it comes to artistic endeavours rages on. A little over a week ago, my grandmother was in hospice, and we were all sure it was a matter of hours before she would pass. Today, she is out of hospice, staying at my biological mom's for a few days to regain her strength, and tomorrow, she will go hom with some in-home care at night.

She is an amazing artist. She does clay sculpture. Recently, we have collaborated on a few pieces. The piece pictured here is a hollow form I turned with a chunk missing. What may have been a piece of firewood, turned out to be a really nice collaboration. I found the branch and quail in her pile of "extras." After seeing it, she decided she would start working on more of them so I would have a big supply to use whenever I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment