Saturday, June 12, 2010

Improvements

Last night I went to a fellow woodturner's house. He is a great turner and mentor, and I was having trouble with a coring system. I think we were able to fix my problem. It was also great to spend time in someone else's shop. It always spurs ideas on things you could do in your own shop. It was also nice just talking about kids/shop/clubs/whatever with someone for a few minutes before heading home.

Today it is off to see my grandmother (who did the clay quail in the previous photo) to visit and to see if I can get some more! Below is a picture of some of her other work. I think it is really amazing, especially considering she is 86!Then I plan on spending the day with my family, and if time permits, to try and core a few more bowls. They are MUCH easier to core when still wet.

Check out Jason's work...http://www.fourcornerswoodturning.com/   or his blog   http://www.agoodturndaily.blogspot.com/

I also plan on completing my vacuum chuck and making a few shelves sometime this week. Time permitting. LOL. I will post pics as I get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment